Monday, July 28, 2014

A GREAT CAUSE

Hi, friends! It's been awhile, I know, but I've been super busy with getting those novels written so you can read them! Just this past weekend, I was one of 40 authors in a book signing in Rogers, AR. We had a blast! I met a lot of great writers and readers. I'm exhausted, but it was well worth it! Some of the people I already knew from last year's signing. One of my favorites just happens to be the guy in the photo below, Eric Madden. Go ahead and look. You know you wanna. ;)
It seems Eric is moving on to bigger and better things, at least for the moment. I was sad to hear the news, but just as happy in my own little way. How can I not be happy for someone who is doing what God has called him to do. I can't. 

Eric needs our help, so listen up. Wait, wait, wait... I'll just let him tell you...

Dear Brothers and Sisters, Family and Friends.
Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in our proportion
to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in our teaching; if to encourage, encourage
others; if to give, give generously. If God has given you leadership, take the responsibility seriously, And if
you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly.
 
I would like to take a moment of your time and fill you in about immediate plans with strong,
urgent needs that God has in-store for me this fall. I have been blessed with an amazing opportunity to
spread the Gospel and Good news about the Creation of Christ Jesus in the city of Bamako, Mali, in
Northwest Africa. Time has left no margin to reach and overcome financial support. I am in constant
prayer that Gods grace will make this happen. Funds are needed to be met immediately due to the short
notice of the departure. For God's will to be done the trip will cost $40 a day coming to $1200/ month.
This covers all costs. I pray that you will read on and have an understanding of what I will be doing. If
you feel led to support and that God is calling you to help me, I have included how you can contribute.
In Bamako, I will have the opportunity to teach English as a second language. Classes are daily which will give me strong foundations to build relationships with those who are not believers and share the Creation of Christ. Being involved with the university, I will be in direct contact with the Professional Class and University Students. This will open doors that God desires for them to come to believe and have a positive influence in their lives. Enhancing their lives with the English language will equip them for opportunities in life that may not have been achievable otherwise: such as career opportunities, strong financial possibilities, relationships, better daily living, and so much more. I look
forward to the relationships that I can establish as an American, not only spiritual but with an everlasting friendship.
In Bamako, there are over 1.8 million people and less than 2% of them are believers in Christ.
Many have never had the opportunity to hear about Jesus as the Son of God. Matthew 24:14 says,  And
the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will
hear it; and then the end will come. I am honored to be Gods hands and feet and be able to serve Him bringing Good News to ALL NATIONS.
I am enthusiastically looking forward to the plans the Lord has, they are greater than anything I
can fathom and have nothing to do with me. As this is a calling that I have been given, there are ways that
you can help me. The most important thing you can do for me is PRAY. I will need your prayers
to help me fulfill Gods calling, do his work, and carry out the responsibilities that I have been given. Your
prayers will play an extremely vital part in my ministry. Among all things I have listed, four are huge
requests:
----The Lord will use me as He desires to make contribution to His work.
----I will have safe travel and good health. (My body will need to make many adjustments.)
----Healthy and strong relationships will be developed.
----God will provide for my expenses.
The second way that you can contribute to my calling is financial support. Since I will be in
Bamako for the better part of 3 months, I will need help raising the funds that are needed. The cost of the
trip, including room/board, in-field travel, admin fees and insurance while over there comes to a total of
$1200/month. There are a couple ways to which you can contribute towards my expenses. The organization
 I will be directly linked through is Envision. Envision is an initiative to connect Millennials to Jesus.
They are a part of The Christian and Missionary Alliance. You can make contributions directly to my
Envision account by Credit card (online or by phone) or by check.
Check- Make payable to The C&MA and send to:
The Christian And Missionary Alliance/Envision Office
Attn.: Becky Gorton
P.O Box 35000
Colorado Springs, CO 80935-3500
MEMO Line: Envision-Eric Madden
Online Giving-
Go to the Give page of the C&MA Website: https://secure.cmalliance.org/ give/
In the box under the Give to International Workers and Special Projects section, supporters should type:
"ENV  [Eric Madden]" and then click the red Give Now box that appears.
Type in the desired gift amount and fill out the form below.
You then have the option to make this a recurring gift by clicking on the box underneath the total.
Phone-If you feel you want to support by way of giving over the phone you may do so by calling the toll
free number; 866-443-8262.
You can also give your contributions via my GracePoint Church. Please make checks payable to
Grace Point Church, their address is 1201 McCollum Dr, Bentonville, AR 72712.
Again I want to thank you in advance and apologize for the urgency of the needs. God's timing is perfect
even up to the last second. Please if you have any questions you can reach me at 479-212-3903,
maddenericz@gmail.com
Or write me at 1383 Skaggs Hollow Rd, Pineville MO 64856
I have faith that by Gods Grace, your prayers and your financial support, my ministry and time
spent sharing the gospel and having a positive influence in education will be a profitable one for His
Kingdom and His Glory. Thank you again for taking this time and for the prayers that I will be needing.
Sincerely in His Service,
Eric Madden

Please help out a great cause. Anything helps more than you know. 

Thank you and God bless you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment